Come Work With Us
Thank you for your interest in joining Community Works! From time to time, we are lucky enough to add new staff to our team. Open positions are listed below, with complete job descriptions. Community Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position, please submit your resume and cover letter via email in Word format, without any photos or zip files. Please be sure to list the position name in the subject line of your email.
We appreciate your interest in our work! Current job openings are listed below.
The Development Director will play a key role in the agency’s growth through researching, developing and implementing marketing and fund development strategies and plans. She or he will assist the Executive Director with capacity building for program managers and other staff, creating stronger systems for the development and maintenance of donor relationships, grant-writing, outcomes tracking, marketing and communications.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced degree in a related field and/or significant marketing, fundraising, and communications experience preferred.
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to present stories and other information in compelling ways.
- Demonstrated impersonal skills: strong oral communications with the ability to network with existing and prospective funders, donors, media, partners and participants. Possession of existing community and/or ability to develop and leverage new contacts.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of professionalism in written work.
- Significant experience with fund development including grant-writing and the development of individual donors.
- Strong familiarity with outcome measures, website and e-newsletter maintenance, and the use of social media, or the ability and eagerness to quickly learn. Familiarity with graphic design, web design, and/or art direction a plus.
- Thorough understanding of branding principles.
- Supervisory experience or demonstrated ability to train and manage staff or volunteers.
- Familiarity with the community and appropriate contacts a plus.
- Event coordination experience.
- Ability to work with Fund Development Software.
- Eagerness to work in a team environment.
- Cultural competence and ability to work cross-culturally with community groups, colleagues and interns.
- Confident public speaker.
- Highly organized.
- Flexibility, creativity, and patience, with imagination, enthusiasm, ability to multi-task, and a good sense of humor.
- Ability to handle confidential information concerning the Agency, clients, and program organizational plans, policies, and strategies with an understanding that such information will not be disclosed within the Agency, or outside of the Agency.
- Must be culturally competent and sensitive.
- If you are required to drive a Community Works vehicle for your position: you must have a good driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- If you are required to drive your personal vehicle for agency business more than 3 times an average month for your position: you must have a good driving record, a valid driver’s license, and personal auto insurance with required personal liability minimum as mandated by Community Works insurance carrier. (Current personal liability amounts for Bodily Injury are $100,000 each person, $300,000 each occurrence).
- Must successfully pass a Background and Abuse Check.
POSITION SUMMARY: provide support and advocacy to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking through the Medford Police Department.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Training and Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Women’s Studies or related field preferred.
- Minimum one year working with people in crisis.
- Understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, oppression and related issues.
- Bilingual: Spanish-English required. Bicultural strongly preferred.
- Driving is a requirement for this position. You must have a good driving record and a valid driver’s license. You must have a good driving record, a valid driver’s license, and personal auto insurance with required personal liability minimum as mandated by Community Works insurance carrier. (Current personal liability amounts for Bodily Injury are $100,000 each person, $300,000 each occurrence).
- Must successfully pass a Background and Abuse Check.
Community Works offers a supportive and rewarding workplace with an emphasis on leadership development of our staff. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to workforce diversity and hiring people with diverse life experiences. We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees. Full-time employment is defined as 32-40 hours work per week.
- Generous Paid Time-Off
Full-time employees earn 3 weeks paid vacation per year for their first two years and over 4 weeks each year after that. Part-time employees also accrue vacation time. All vacation accrual begins on the first day of employment.
- Paid Sick Time
Regular full-time employees accrue 8 hours of sick time each month and begin on the first day of employment. Part-time employees accrue 4 hours of sick time per month.
- Paid Holiday Time
All employees are eligible for holiday pay regardless of their classification. Holidays worked are paid at time-and-a-half. Holidays observed include: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- Medical & Dental Insurance
Community Works pays for 91% of the employee’s health insurance premium. Regular full-time employees are eligible for medical insurance beginning after two months of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program
Our team members’ well-being is important to Community Works. Community Works’ employees and immediate family members are eligible to access the Employee Assistance Program, which provides support and guidance encompassing a variety of matters. They can connect via phone with a counselor for free services, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Employees are also eligible for three face-to-face visits with a counselor per year, and unlimited phone calls.
- Life Insurance
Community Works has an employer-paid policy for each regular full-time employee. Optional additional life insurance benefits are available to purchase.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Health Flex Spending Account and Dependent Care Flex Spending Account are both available to employees. These accounts are ways to save pre-tax money towards health care spending like eyeglasses or other costs for your family, such as childcare.
- New Parent Policy
Community Works understands the importance of parent bonding with their children. For some positions, it is possible for new parents to bring their infants to work with them, up to the time the baby is six months of age.
- Retirement Plan
After one year of employment, employees are eligible for retirement fund where Community Works matches a portion of retirement, based on years of service.
- Training and Professional Development
Community Works values your development as a professional. In-agency in-services occur each month and a variety of outside training opportunities are encouraged and supported.