Have You Been Sex Trafficked? We are here for you.
Sex trafficking is the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, obtaining, patronizing, or soliciting of a person for the purposes of a commercial sex act, in which the commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such an act has not attained 18 years of age (22 USC § 7102).
Does the person you love…
- Ask you to have sex with other people for money?
- Tell you that sex for money is only temporary until you fulfill a dream, like buying a house or moving away?
- Have other partners that also have sex for money?
- Ever use physical violence to enforce rules?
- Not want you to see or talk to friends or family?
- Force you to turn over income?
- Control your access to money, even for your basic needs?
- Used or threatened to use a weapon on you?
- Demand sex whether or not it is wanted?
- Assign you a ranking among all partners?
- Do you or your partner have multiple phones?
If you have experienced any of these things, Community Works is here to help.
Our advocates can help you access safe housing, emotional support, basic necessities, and advocacy. To speak to one of our specially trained advocates, call our HelpLine at (541)779-4357. We are here every hour of every day.