Below are the most frequently asked questions that we receive when people call our organization. Perhaps these questions and answers will assist you when reviewing our services. 

  • Call HelpLine at (541) 779-4357 to connect with Community Works. HelpLine is available every hour of every day to listen, offer support, and help you connect with Community Works’ advocates.  Whether you are looking for safe housing at Dunn House Shelter, or want to speak to someone about our Transitional Living Program, or just want to talk…. HelpLine is here for you at (541)779-4357. 

  • If you have experienced domestic violence, sexual abuse, stalking, or sex trafficking you qualify for Community Works’ services. We serve all genders.

  • No. Community Works’ services are confidential, which means we do not share any information about you without your approval. Community Works advocates are non-mandatory reporters, which means we don’t report to the police or state and federal agencies.

  • Community Works offers safety, emotional support, and resources to anyone who has been the victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, stalking, or sex trafficking. We also offer services for homeless youth between the ages of 16 and 25 years of age. We operate our programs and services in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws. We serve all genders.

  • What about other languages? What about ASL?

    Translation services are available through HelpLine. Call HelpLine at (541) 779-4357  and we can connect through a translator. American Sign Language interpretation is also available.

    All of Community Works services are available in Spanish. (Enlace para pagina en Español).  Link to Espanol page.

  • When and where do I bring them?

    Community Works depends on the support of our community – thank you for your interest in donating! 

    Our current Wish List outlines our on-going needs. Anything on this list can be dropped off at our main office at 2594 East Barnett Road, Suite C during business hours (8 am – 5 pm) Monday – Friday. These practical supplies mean a great deal to individuals rebuilding their lives.

    Donations of furniture or household goods are made on an individual basis. Please call our main office at (541)779-2393 to inquire.

    Due to limited storage capacity, we do not accept donations of clothing. However, we have partnered with Goodwill and Talent Clothing Closet so that our clients can go shopping for free!

  • Volunteers power the work of Community Works! Our volunteers help in a variety of capacities: on HelpLine, at Dunn House Shelter, with our Children’s Program, at the Courthouse, and more.

    For all volunteer services participants must complete an application, a criminal background check and 32 hours of advocacy training. For more information, visit our Volunteer page, or contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 541.779.4357

    To read our 2019 Training Schedule Flyer click here>>

  • Yes. Community Works is a a 501(c)(3), nonprofit, tax-exempt, charitable corporation. We are funded by government and private grants, the United Way, and by the generosity of community members across the Rogue Valley. Our tax ID number is 93-0633804.

  • Community Works was formed as a result of a merger of several nonprofit agencies in 1996. However, many of our programs, including HelpLine and Dunn House, are far older, going back over 40 years. Community Works has deep roots in the Rogue Valley.

  • Yes, your donation gift can be tax deductible. You will receive a thank you letter for all donations listing our tax ID number for tax purposes. When you make an in-kind contribution, be sure to ask for an in-kind contribution form. This form will be your receipt for tax purposes. Community Works will not place a value on your in-kind donation for the purposes of this form; however, please note that if you do not put a value on your donation, it cannot be used as a tax deduction.

  • We’ve made it super easy, see the donate button in the green bar at the bottom of you screen? Just click on that if you want to donate online or if you prefer to mail your contribution please send it to 2594 East Barnett, Suite C. Medford, OR 97504.

    We accept any cash, check, credit card and payroll deduction contributions to support the work of our organization. For information on gifts of securities, real property and other appreciated assets, please contact our Executive Director at 541-779-2393 ext. 202.

    Thank you in advance for your interest in supporting Community Works!

    Donate Today!
Close Site Quickly Donate Here Today