Capital Campaign for a Transitional Living Complex "A Bridge to a Better Tomorrow!"
“A Bridge to a Better Tomorrow” is the capital campaign to fund the building of a safe, transitional living, multi-family apartment complex for adults and children who have fled abuse and are dedicated to building a safe, healthy, and productive life.
Community Works is here to bring HOPE, SUPPORT, and EMPOWER those impacted by violence.
FACTS & TRUTH
Impact on Youth
- 1 in 15 children are exposed to intimate partner violence annually (90% eyewitness the abuse)
- Children are also abused in 50% of homes where domestic violence occurs
- Oregon – 1 in 5 homicides are due to intimate partner violence
- Women 70 times more likely to be murdered within 2 weeks of leaving abuser
- American soldiers killed in Afghanistan between 2001-2012: 6,488.
- American women murdered by current or ex male partner between 2001-2012: 11,766
- Oregon – Highest incidences of reported depression in the country
- Oregon – Lifetime cost per victim $210,000 (calculation is on healthcare & job loss only)
- Oregon – 50% of the women & girls experience childhood abuse or neglect
- Oregon – Half of the women & girls experience childhood abuse or neglect Jackson County – 3,000 adults and children report victimization annually
- Multi-family apartment complex safely secure on Dunn House Shelter property
- Fundraising secure May 2021, build September 2021
- Living 6 – 24 months while rebuilding their life
- Skill development and on-going emotional support
- Employment and saving money for sustainability
- Moving the next generation forward
Download “A Bridge To A Better Tomorrow” Capital Campaign Flyer>>
Would you like to be part of this amazing opportunity to make a difference in Southern Oregon?
Contact Community Works, Executive Director – Barbara Johnson at 541.779.2393 x202